solution-dependent state variables (SDV) and UEL

solution-dependent state variables (SDV) and UEL

Roman Gellmann
Hello,

I am writing an UEL subroutine for modeling ferroelectric material behavior.
In the input file one can define
the output variables. However, I get error when running the computation. My
problem is the following:
When running a job using an ABAQUS (6.10) element I define the element and
node output within the input file.
Everything works fine, but as soon as I'm using an user defined element,
ABAQUS gives an error.

The part of the input file where the output is defined is the following:

*ELEMENT OUTPUT
S, E, EPG
*NODE OUTPUT
U, EPOT
*EL PRINT, ELSET=TRUSS, SUMMARY=NO
S, E, EPG
*EL PRINT, ELSET=UTRUSS, SUMMARY=NO
S, E, EPG

I also tried to write SDV in the last line, however ABAQUS gives an error.
ABAQUS cannot write the output
variables in .dat and .odb files. Does anybody has the same problem? If you
are also writing an UEL
subroutine, then how and where do you define SDV (solution-dependent state
variables) ?

I would appreciate any help and comment. Please help

Sincerely,
RG

Re: solution-dependent state variables (SDV) and UEL

Roman Gellmann

Here you can see the Warning output I get:

***WARNING: THE *ELEMENT OUTPUT OPTION IS NOT SUPPORTED FOR USER ELEMENTS
  *EL PRINT,ELSET=TRUSS,SUMMARY=NO
  *EL PRINT,ELSET=UTRUSS,SUMMARY=NO

 ***WARNING: OUTPUT VARIABLE S HAS NO COMPONENTS IN THIS ANALYSIS FOR ELEMENT
             TYPE U1001

 ***WARNING: OUTPUT VARIABLE E HAS NO COMPONENTS IN THIS ANALYSIS FOR ELEMENT
             TYPE U1001

 ***WARNING: OUTPUT VARIABLE EPG HAS NO COMPONENTS IN THIS ANALYSIS FOR ELEMENT
             TYPE U1001

--- In [hidden email], Roman Gellmann <roman.gellmann@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing an UEL subroutine for modeling ferroelectric material behavior.
> In the input file one can define
> the output variables. However, I get error when running the computation. My
> problem is the following:
> When running a job using an ABAQUS (6.10) element I define the element and
> node output within the input file.
> Everything works fine, but as soon as I'm using an user defined element,
> ABAQUS gives an error.
>
> The part of the input file where the output is defined is the following:
>
> *ELEMENT OUTPUT
> S, E, EPG
> *NODE OUTPUT
> U, EPOT
> *EL PRINT, ELSET=TRUSS, SUMMARY=NO
> S, E, EPG
> *EL PRINT, ELSET=UTRUSS, SUMMARY=NO
> S, E, EPG
>
> I also tried to write SDV in the last line, however ABAQUS gives an error.
> ABAQUS cannot write the output
> variables in .dat and .odb files. Does anybody has the same problem? If you
> are also writing an UEL
> subroutine, then how and where do you define SDV (solution-dependent state
> variables) ?
>
> I would appreciate any help and comment. Please help
>
> Sincerely,
> RG

Re: solution-dependent state variables (SDV) and UEL

martin
hi,

i'm facing similar problem,

warning: Output variable sdv has no components in this analysis for element type c3d10

any suggestions??