Quantcast

simulate a crack propagation XEFM abaqus 6.9

simulate a crack propagation XEFM abaqus 6.9

Elmarghichi
hi all im using abaqus 6.9 to simulate a crack propagation in an elastic material whith Xfem option, i still have this errors :the following XEFM crack are failling to correctly generate the conditions are listed whith the crack names : crack-1 Failed to locate crack tip.
 and if i submit the job even the warning its abort and i get this error:the damage model has to be specified for enriched element ( nbre) instance part 1-1.i specify the damage  model in Intprop as follow
** MATERIALS
**
*Material, name=Material-1
*Elastic
 2.1e+11, 0.3
*DAMAGE INITIATION,CRITERION=MAXPS
8.44E7,
*DAMAGE EVOLUTION,TYPE=ENERGY,MIXED MODE BEHAVIOR=POWER LAW,POWER=1.0
4.22d4,4.22d4,4.22d4
*DAMAGE STABILIZATION
 1.e-5
if any one know wat the problem whith my model tel me plz
i have 2 questions
how to specify or indicate the crack tip
how to get enriched elemnt.
tanx in advances