(no subject)

Abaqus Users mailing list
For axial connectors what is the value to be given for internal contact
force if we are using friction property and what about its orientation?I
want to use a element that has stiffness as well as friction between
concrete and bar.so i use axial connectors.for d11 value in elastic
property i use stiffness.coefficient of friction can also be given.but i am
confused with internal contact force value.how to calculate it???.please
help.and do we nee to channge the orientation of the axis by giving a 90
degree rotation about y axis so that the axis of the of connector gets
aligned to x axis.??Actually the i am using the connector in vertical
direction that means a y axis on global coordinate system.thats mean do we
need to do that rotation with ref to global so that the vertical direction
becomes x axis for connector??--
With Regards,
Sumit Nandi