need help to part model

prabhakaran
i am currently work in abaqus WCM. but am entirely beginner for this. i want to know how to draw Geodesic curve for composite pressure vessel. anyone help me do as soon.
 thank you

Re: need help to part model

George Papazafeiropoulos
Hello,

 As far as I know there is not such capability in Abaqus/CAE. However, you can insert directly the coordinates of the points of the geodesic curve in the Abaqus input file and then perform the analysis normally. Therefore, if you can calculate the coordinates of the points of the geodesic curve in an external software then you can paste them inside the input file and run the Abaqus analysis.

 Best regards,
George Papazafeiropoulos
Captain, Infrastructure Engineer, Hellenic Air Force
Civil Engineer, M.Sc., Ph.D. candidate, NTUA
Email: [hidden email]

Re: need help to part model

qasimzafar
How can I apply Spring Boundary Condition in a temp-displacement coupled
analysis?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 8:07 PM [hidden email] [Abaqus] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> i am currently work in abaqus WCM. but am entirely beginner for this. i
> want to know how to draw Geodesic curve for composite pressure vessel.
> anyone help me do as soon.
>
> thank you

Re: need help to part model

mohammad.khorashad
Simply in Liner tab select Analytic===>Geodesic as the following image.

http://s8.picofile.com/file/8347390026/Geodesic.JPG http://s8.picofile.com/file/8347390026/Geodesic.JPG

 --
Good luck,
 Mohamad Khorashad,

Re: need help to part model

prabhakaran
thank you guys.  @mohamad  khorashad even i use this method you sent me above, i cant able to apply thickness, and also dont know part model to draw liner. without liner how its possible make an assembly. so whether if you free kindly do text me @[hidden email]