maximum stress of concrete in property & maximum stress of concrete in result

maximum stress of concrete in property & maximum stress of concrete in result

Abaqus Users mailing list
Hello. I am conducting analysis on the behavior of a steel pile contacted to a concrete foundation under compressive loading. The concrete foundation is subjected to compressive stress due to the steel pile through displacement control.

 However, there is a serious issue on my results. Although my concrete has been designed to resist a maximum stress of 24 MPa with a corresponding strain of 0.002066, my result indicates that the maximum stress in my concrete foundation is 106.6 MPa.

 I have been struggling to find out what caused such results. However, I could not find out a reasonable reason. So, COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF SUCH A PHENOMENON (much higher stress than designed material properties) IS POSSIBLE FROM THIS KIND OF STUDY? OR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH PART OF MY MODEL IS WRONG.

Re: maximum stress of concrete in property & maximum stress of concrete in result

rpabloa
Hi!  you should upload your "plastic deformation data" in mechanical properties for concrete.
which it was the first value you put? I mean, stress at zero deformation.