matching/copying mesh of connected surfaces in solid plates

matching/copying mesh of connected surfaces in solid plates

Wazysky
Hi,
 In an assembly of two connected/attached sold plates, how to match the mesh of from one component to the other components attached to.
 Component -1 3D solid plates with thickness t1
 Component -1 3D solid plates with thickness t2

 I need there mesh to match. The direct way is to follow the same partition and seed done on the first component similarly on the second components but this is really tedious in some cases.
 is there another way?

 I found that the copied mesh in mesh/edit cannot be applied when there is a hex element, unfortunately. It used with tetrahedral elements.

 another way to use tie constraint with unmatch mesh of the connected surfaces. Not sure how valid this as it need finer mesh on slave surface.

  Thanks