help me guys...

suresh lakshmanan
        Hi guys,

  I am a beginner in abaqus please forgive me if the questions r too low grade ones...

   i did a rotating fan blade analysis and for the result for all the parameters remaining the same the results from linear elements and quadratic element differs tooooo much

  linear  49 N/mm²
  quadratic  338 N/mm²   why this much difference....

  i used tet elements and the rotational load .   u can view the pics so that u may get an idea...

  help me...

  suresh lakshmanan

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: help me guys...

Benz-2
1/Precise the kind of element : is it a tetra ? A hexa ?
2/A difference that is so big may be explained by a poor mesh that
must be refined. A convenient way to check out if the mesh is fine
enough is to compare the contour plot of the von mises stress
between the 100% average mode and the non-averaged mode (result
option in /CAE). Another way is to plot the discontinuities of this
stress.

BenZ.

--- In [hidden email], suresh lakshmanan
<suresh_fusion@y...> wrote:

>         Hi guys,
>
>   I am a beginner in abaqus please forgive me if the questions r
too low grade ones...

>    i did a rotating fan blade analysis and for the result for all
the parameters remaining the same the results from linear elements
and quadratic element differs tooooo much

>   linear  49 N/mm²
>   quadratic  338 N/mm²   why this much difference....
>
>   i used tet elements and the rotational load .   u can view the
pics so that u may get an idea...

>   help me...
>

>   suresh lakshmanan

Community email addresses: