failure modeling

fugok555
Hi,

I am tryint to run tensile failure in a plate with a few holes under
uniaxial tensile loading.

I looked through the manual, but still have some difficulty in running
this analysis.

What I want to do is to see the crack initiation and propagation in a
plate with circular holes.

In manual, I found two different options

One is
*damage initiation, criterion=ductile
*damage evolution, type=displacement
*section controls, element deletion=yes, max degradation=
1

and the other is
*tensile failure, element deletion=yes

In my case, which one do I need to use and what is the difference?

Please let me know...

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]