difference between step time and total time

difference between step time and total time

abhishek-2
Hello Respected fellows
i am trying to write a VDLOAD subroutine, in which load need to be distributed as well as vary with respect to time i,e,. my pressure profile have spatial distribution as well as temporal distribution. But i am confused with with step time and total time as my simulation require multiple dynamic explicit steps.
I am giving one example what i understood going through manual, suppose I am doing a 6 step simulation, each even steps (2,4 and 6) is of 1 second and odd steps (1,3 & 5 ) are of 2 seconds... so the total time in the simulation will become 9 seconds.
now when simulation starts for step 1 step time vary from 0 to 2 seconds and total time too will vary from 0 to 2 seconds. but as the 2nd step begins step time will vary from 0 to 1 and total time will vary from 2 to 3 seconds. And so on.
please explain me how to do multiple step simulation using VDLOAD subroutine. in simulation high pressure shock loading is taking place in step number 1,3 and 5 and step 2,4 & 6 is used to provide damping to the remaining elastic waves in the part. from step 1 to step 3 the position of the shock loading is changing.
For your help i will be very grateful to you.
Thank You
Abhishek

Re: difference between step time and total time

Rami Ghorbel
Dear Abhishek;
I do not know about your subroutine VDLOAD but in my case i am using DFLUX,
there are two type of times, TIME(1) is for each step and TIME(2) for total
time. Check Abaqus Manual for VDLOAD.
this link my help you:
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~pjm8969/research/ccx-doxygen/html/d4/da2/dload_8f_source.xhtml

Best Regards;
Rami;

--
*Cordialement;*

*Rami GHORBEL*

*Material Engineer*

*Phd Student*

*Phone :* (00216) 22 667 771 / (00216) 54 007 770

RE: difference between step time and total time

David Lindeman
Both ‘stepTime’ and ‘totalTime’ are passed into the subroutine.  The variable ‘stepTime’ will, in your case, vary from zero to one (or zero to two), depending on your load step.  The variable ‘totalTime’ will, in your case, vary from zero to nine.  You simply need to define your loading as an appropriate function of these variables.

Regards,

Dave Lindeman
Staff Scientist
Corporate Research Systems Laboratory
3M Center 235-3G-08
St. Paul, MN 55144
651-733-6383

[...]

3M Notice: This communication is from an [EXTERNAL] sender.
If this email looks suspicious, do NOT click or open any links or attachments in the email. To report a suspicious email, click on the Report Phishing – PhishMe icon in the Outlook ribbon or forward this email using the report email as spam link in the text below.

Click here<https://spam.mmm.com/pem/pages/digestProcess/digestProcess.jsf?content=aedaaa864ecbae943fd84d2aa9cbdd7122193992952de813d50dac37164a4f21c6c4ff5fb22097b592aab29dac82584f30f60c161a797f8d8d8a621478a2f25250f75f3a4b570e12125b08ef0dd8e5d1dbc7a045714a146255659761471276b9c37b570f20a98a734732948327931bff0875daa5917e63d486fb3ae9624af57a17d051a1b719785d> to report this email as spam