deformable element nodes contained in node set ErrNodeRotNodeNoRotInert have no rotary inertia

deformable element nodes contained in node set ErrNodeRotNodeNoRotInert have no rotary inertia

Lucifer
Hey, i  am doing an impact analysis of a container. I have provided connector
Assembled complex (Beam) in between container lid lid an container bottom
part. beam will serve as Bolt between them. I have provided an initial
velocity to container assembly and also modeled a rigid part at which it
will drop. During analysis i am receiving this error.
The deformable element nodes contained in node set ErrNodeRotNodeNoRotInert
have no rotary inertia associated with them and some rotational degrees of
freedom at the nodes are not constrained. Either rotary inertia must be
defined or all of the rotational degrees of freedom must be constrained"

Sent from: http://abaqus-users.1086179.n5.nabble.com/

Re: deformable element nodes contained in node set ErrNodeRotNodeNoRotInert have no rotary inertia

Martin Bäker
If these nodes belong to your rigid body (i.e., are reference nodes for
it) then you forgot to constrain the rotation of teh body. A rigid body
moves as its reference point does, so if it des not rotate, you must
restrict the reference nodes rotation.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 04:48:32 -0700 (MST)

--
                   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Bäker
                   Institut für Werkstoffe
                http://www.scienceblogs.de/hier-wohnen-drachen
                   Twitter: @Drachenblog

Re: deformable element nodes contained in node set ErrNodeRotNodeNoRotInert have no rotary inertia

Lucifer
Nodes does not along to any rigid body they belong to deformable body. I have
used wireframe to join node between container and lid.
Then applied connectior section named assembled/complex with beam subsection
to wire frame.

Sent from: http://abaqus-users.1086179.n5.nabble.com/

Re: deformable element nodes contained in node set ErrNodeRotNodeNoRotInert have no rotary inertia

Martin Bäker
Then possibly the wire attached to the node can rotate and is not
constrained?

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 08:44:08 -0700 (MST)