Quantcast

creating a perfect spherical hole in an orphan mesh (Abaqus)

creating a perfect spherical hole in an orphan mesh (Abaqus)

Abaqus Users mailing list

 Hello All,
 I have an 3D orphan mesh (Abaqus)  that I obtained from the Gmsh software. I would like to insert a perfect spherical hole in that mesh.

 I selected all the elements inside a sphere and deleted them but i am getting a very coarse surface, look at the figure .

 Is there a way to create a perfect spherical hole in a 3D Abaqus mesh ( I do not have the part geometry)  ?

 I thought something like,  smooth the inside of the surface of the mesh deletion, but I donot know how to do that.

Re: creating a perfect spherical hole in an orphan mesh (Abaqus)

Abaqus Users mailing list
Hi
I did not get your image. But maybe before you mesh it in Gmsh software,

use a circular sketch (profile of the hole you want) as a portioning tool,

and then mesh, then you have element sides on the circle. After importing
you can delete the elements and you get a circle.

Vahid Ebrahimzade

Re: creating a perfect spherical hole in an orphan mesh (Abaqus)

abaqlove
Hi
I did not get your image. But maybe before you mesh it in Gmsh software, use a circular sketch (profile of the hole you want) as a portioning tool, and then mesh, then you have element sides on the circle. After importing you can delete the elements and you get a circle.

Re: creating a perfect spherical hole in an orphan mesh (Abaqus)

Hello Vahid,

Thanks for the reply.

I have many STL files ( my input) , from that , I make a 3D volume mesh using Gmsh. I dont have a 3D geometry to be able to inscribe a sphere.

i think there is a problem with the yahoo. You may find the same question in the following link

https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_to_create_a_perfect_spherical_hole_in_an_orphan_mesh_Abaqus https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_to_create_a_perfect_spherical_hole_in_an_orphan_mesh_Abaqus