coupled Eulerian Lagrangian simulations (CEL) with modified Drucker-Prager cap (mDPC) material

coupled Eulerian Lagrangian simulations (CEL) with modified Drucker-Prager cap (mDPC) material

Abhishek-3

Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well amidst COVID-19 pandemic!

I am running CEL simulations using a mDPC material description of granular materials. The model setup comprises of Eulerian inlet/outlet to simulate continuous flow of the material. I have noticed spurious material leakage at the inlet/outlet happening consistently. The intriguing fact is that the issue is eliminated if I switch to some other basic plasticity model like Mohr-Coulomb. Has anyone here faced/is facing similar issues?

I am new to yahoo mailing groups, so please feel free to point out a better way to post questions if there is any

Thanks for your help!
Sincerely,

Abhishek Paul,

Graduate research assistant.