cohesive element

dongsik kang
This post was updated on .
I keep getting the following message for the cohesive zone elements of my model.
"Surface based COHESIVE BEHAVIOR cannot be used for contact pair interactions. See the surface iteraction named INTPROP-1."
so i want to recieve the some advise.
plz contact me .....hurry up.....
and if you have any kinds of abaqus file used the cohesive element .
could you send me the cae file ????please help me

Re: cohesive element

davidrbmelo
Hello,

When I want to use Cohesive Element interaction between two surfaces there is what I do:

- create a "surface" on each part module where you want to assign the cohesive behavior;

- create a Cohesive interaction property - PROPERTY A;

- create another contact interaction property (if you don't need it for the analysis just create a frictionless interaction property for example) - PROPERTY B;

- Finally, because you cannot use a surface-to-surface interaction between the two surfaces using cohesive behavior, create a "General contact interaction" and assign the "PROPERTY B" to the whole model.
Before closing the general contact interaction window, edit a "INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY ASSIGNMENT". There you can choose both the surfaces and asign a cohesive interaction between them (PROPERTY A).

Hope it helps.

Best regards

David Melo