Warping free boundary conditions

Abaqus Users mailing list
Dear Users, do you have any idea how to model warping free boundary conditions on shell elements? Now I use rigid body on the webs with a reference point, but I think this is not the best solution. [image: Szövegközi kép 1] Do you have any better idea? Best regards, Gábor

Re: Warping free boundary conditions

Abaqus Users mailing list

Hello
Is it a fixed boundary without warping? I guess so.
Warping is released (no axial stress) when you release the axial dof
Do not couple the axial dof to the coupling
But you have to put on a node an axial b.c. to keep the model in place‎ (at a minimum)

Have fun!

ES

**********************
Dr. Emin SUNBULOGLU
Sent via Mobile Device‎

Dear Users, do you have any idea how to model warping free boundary conditions on shell elements? Now I use rigid body on the webs with a reference point, but I think this is not the best solution. [image: Szövegközi kép 1] Do you have any better idea? Best regards, Gábor

Posted by: Emin SUNBULOGLU <[hidden email]>

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]