Turning off/on boundary condition in single step

Turning off/on boundary condition in single step

user12
Hi,

I am wondering if it's possible to turn on/off a boundary condition in a single step?
For example I have a simply supported BC on one edge and I would like to turn it off after some time interval and turn on another BC by applying a simply supported BC on another edge?
Is this somehow possible?

Note: I know one can do that in two steps but I want to do it in a same step

Moeen

RE: Turning off/on boundary condition in single step

David Lindeman
No, that’s not possible.  You could, however, implement something like this using a user-defined MPC subroutine.  You’d need to define some dummy reference points/mass elements and define displacements on these nodes.  Then define MPCs that tie the displacements of the nodes on your model to these reference points through the MPC subroutine.  Since the MPC can be activated and deactivated during the step, you should be able constrain-then-release, and release-then-constrain nodes.  However, you’d need to sort out all the logic properly.

Regards,

Dave Lindeman
Staff Scientist
Corporate Research Systems Laboratory
3M Center 235-3G-08
St. Paul, MN 55144
651-733-6383

I am wondering if it’s possible to turn on/off a boundary condition in a single step?
For example I have a simply supported BC on one edge and I would like to turn it off after some time interval and turn on another BC by applying a simply supported BC on another edge?
Is this somehow possible?

Note: I know one can do that in two steps but I want to do it in a same step

Moeen

3M Notice: This communication is from an [EXTERNAL] sender.
If this email looks suspicious, do NOT click or open any links or attachments in the email. To report a suspicious email, click on the Report Phishing – PhishMe icon in the Outlook ribbon or forward this email using the report email as spam link in the text below.

Click here<https://spam.mmm.com/pem/pages/digestProcess/digestProcess.jsf?content=aedaaa864ecbae94159a0972ab4a3ae54ee2d6a8518647b3bf1719852f95a359c6c4ff5fb22097b592aab29dac82584f30f60c161a797f8d8d8a621478a2f25250f75f3a4b570e12125b08ef0dd8e5d1dbc7a045714a146255659761471276b9c37b570f20a98a734732948327931bff7a1ab1d0bd24436f2c3880cbe962302417d051a1b719785d> to report this email as spam