Thermal Bowing Moment - Beam - Temperature Gradient

cvp

Thermal Bowing Moment - Beam - Temperature Gradient

cvp
Hi All,

I am doing thermal bowing/displacement of a cantilever beam subjected to temperature gradient.

What I noticed was the bowing is independent of the profile/beam cross section. It always takes the cross section maximum distance from face-face as unity.

Could anyone explain it, please? The displacement is inversely proportional to the face-face distance actually

Thank you

Regards,
Vishnu