The maximum stress criterion; Damage initiation of the fiber; VUMAT

The maximum stress criterion; Damage initiation of the fiber; VUMAT

Abaqus Users mailing list

 Dear every friends,

 I am working on VUMAT coding to define the damage initiation of a single fiber. Is it OK if I use the maximum stress criterion? That is:
 -Xc<S11<Xt,  -Yc<S22,S33<Yt,  -FSh<S12,S13,S23<FSh

 Where Xt and Xc are  tensile strength and compressive strength in the principle direction, respectively;
 Yt and Yc are transversely tensile strength and compressive strength, respectively;
 and Fsh is Shear Strength

 I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice and suggestions. Thank you in advance.

 Wish you all the best.
 Xiaoye