Symmteyc on plane rather than X,Y,&Z

Wazysky
Hi
 please see attached
 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NG0cFoD8NHMxJ1IlgdkRnONIplQGFUgC https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NG0cFoD8NHMxJ1IlgdkRnONIplQGFUgC
 as you can see that the model is symmetric on A-A plane .
 Using Abaqus, how to simulate the symmetric model (half the model).
 the expected method that applying symmetry on the A-A plane did not yield the same results (stresses was much less in the half model for the same boundary conditions) of the whole model.

 What is wrong here.
 Thanks

Re: Symmteyc on plane rather than X,Y,&Z

sharad_golu
Please see carefully. Your geometry is not symmetric along A-A. Check if it is like rotation of one side of A-A by 180 degree along center of rectangular geometry. If yes, you can use equations to apply this condition.

Re: Symmteyc on plane rather than X,Y,&Z

Wazysky
sharad_golu

 Thanks for your response
 (sorry for late reply, I did not get a notification on Yahoo that I had a response to my question. it was my first question here)

 Could you please clarify why there is no symmetry on the plane A-A . Do you mean the BC (load vs disp) in the top&bottom edge?

 The geometry is loaded in both directions (upper&bottom edge). I see users usually use support in the bottom (as presented in my attached) for the need of analysis (i.e.; rigid body motion).

 it will be appreciated if you clarify what kind of equations and how could be applied to the model.

 Kind Regards

Re: Symmteyc on plane rather than X,Y,&Z

Wazysky
Also, if I took the symmetry along the line passing through holes would be any difference...I mean should be their symmetry, right