Symmetry question...

marcellolorusso
This post was updated on .

Hello, this is my first post and since I'm moving my first steps in Abaqus I need some help. I have this STEP model of surf board to analyze. In my case I'd like to simulate a flex test and one way to simplify the model is analyzing only half of it, lenghtwise of course. My question is, is it more convenient to chop one half of the model in solidworks (rough but efficient), inserting in Abaqus the symmetry BC only afterwards, or is there a more elegant way to do it in Abaqus itself, importing the full model but telling it to not repeat the calculations on both halves or something like that?

Many thanks