Solid elements: bending moment & shear force diagrams

Solid elements: bending moment & shear force diagrams

Eblis
Hi all,

I have a rookie confusion, I tried different ways to plot the bending moment and shear force of simply supported beam (C3D8R) to check the load effects due to point load at center. I've been kicking around to find a way to plot the diagrams (I tried stress linearization as well but no correct shape), I wasn't able to plot the diagrams. I can get perfectly for beam elements but apparently not for solid elements.
I'm getting correct reaction forces (to know the model is okay), but I want to get the bending and shear profile along the length.

Cheers,

Re: Solid elements: bending moment & shear force diagrams

yuhudie63
HELLO C3D8R IS NOT FOR center force .you shold use C3D8

Re: Solid elements: bending moment & shear force diagrams

Eblis
Thanks for your reply;

I tried to model a simply supported beam made of 3D8 solid elements, yet the bending moment and shear forces are not available. Would you please mention which variable I need to use for reporting the shear and bending moment? I tried a few variables but when I check the contours only at supports force exist and at other locations is almost zero. I am checking the dead load effects and I know the pattern of bending and shear diagram from hand calcs.