Softened Contact

astlaia2002
Hi, all

I have a question about softened contact in ABAQUS.
I am using exponential type and have to input P and C.
I understand that I have to adjust these parameters by checking
results, such as overclosure.

But I could not find the way to check how much slave nodes are
penetrating master surface after each step.  Does anybody know how?
How can I be sure parameters used are OK or not?

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks.
Michelle

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Softened Contact

Amir Siddiq
Hi there,
you can check P and C by asking abaqus to output CPRES
and COPEN, etc. variables.
I used the same law couple of years ago to study the
dynamic behaviour of window lift motor and havd to
identify the contact law parameters by comparing the
Frequency response function obtained from the
experiments and simulations.
what kind of analyses are you doing?

Best,
Aamir

--- astlaia2002 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I have a question about softened contact in ABAQUS.
> I am using exponential type and have to input P and
> C.
> I understand that I have to adjust these parameters
> by checking
> results, such as overclosure.
>
> But I could not find the way to check how much slave
> nodes are
> penetrating master surface after each step.  Does
> anybody know how?
> How can I be sure parameters used are OK or not?
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Michelle

http://mail.yahoo.com