Simulate adhesion between two colliding parts

Simulate adhesion between two colliding parts

Abaqus Users mailing list
Dear all,

I have two parts in my model, one part impacts on an another fixed part. I
was wondering if is it possible to specify a criterion during this
collision simulation that would enable adhesion between those parts when
the stress or strain in either of the parts reaches a critical value? If
so, can anyone suggest some suitable reference or a methodology to achieve
this? I know, I can use cohesive surfaces to simulate bonding. But, I want
to use a criterion pertaining to entire parts and not just surfaces.

Any suggestions or help would be most welcomed.

Thanks and regards
Rohan