Select all Exterior faces only

Lucifer
Hey, I have to apply incident wave properties to box. I order to that i have to select all exterior faces of a hollow box. since i have provide partition for in part module. so there are now lot of small surfaces to select manually, can i select all exterior faces by some other rway --

RE: Select all Exterior faces only

David Lindeman
A Python script would be the best way.  If you’re box is aligned with the global coordinate system, then you can select the faces at the minimum and maximum X, Y, and Z locations, define sets, then combine the sets using a Boolean operation.  If the box isn’t aligned with the global coordinate system (or you’re dealing with a more complex geometry), then you can loop through the faces and identify those faces that are only associated with one cell.  After you’ve built up a list of the appropriate areas you can define the set.

Regards,

Dave Lindeman
Staff Scientist
Corporate Research Systems Laboratory