SM for a shell element

magwb
Hi.

As the Abaqus manual state :"SM1 Bending moment force per unit width about local 2-axis".

I created two different models with the exact same properties, loading,boundary conditions etc. The only thing I changed was the local axis system. See picture attached. For one model I lined local 1-axis with global x-axis, and for the other model I lined local 1-axis with global y-axis. The results for SM1 was exactly the same for both models. I can not understand how the manual can say that SM1 is set by the local axis system for the shell element. Is there someone who can help me out with an explanation?

Thank you for helping.

SM for a shell element