*Release keyword for explicit

Venkatesh S
Hi,

This is Venkatesh Sundararaman, a PhD student at University of Limerick.
I'm modelling a structure with 1D beam elements and solving it in
ABAQUS EXPLICIT due to complex contact conditions.

Also, I have to create hinges at some nodes where the beams intersect. In
ABAQUS STANDARD, there is a keyword *RELEASE with which the rotational dofs
of an element can be released so that the node becomes an hinged node.

*RELEASE is not available in ABAQUS EXPLICIT. Does any one give me
suggestions on availability of any alternative for this keyword in
EXPLICIT/modelling the hinge?

Thanks & Regards,
Venkatesh S