Re: Request to join Abaqus approved

Alba Espinosa
Hi,

I want to post a question about some trouble I am having in Abaqus.
I have a large tetrahedral structure with some shields where I am applying
a distributed pressure. I am trying to extract the forces and moments on
one of the longitudinal members and so I am using a free body cut.
My problem is that it says that the forces are zero and that I only have
moments, however I was expecting to have forces, so I don't know what I am
doing wrong.
Here is a picture of the moments I am getting:

[image: image.png]

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Alba.