Python to extract stresses at integration point of selected elements in Abaqus

Python to extract stresses at integration point of selected elements in Abaqus

I am facing some issues with Abaqus report writing tool.
When I try to write report for displayed elements on integration points, it gives an error with respect to memory allocation.
So I wanted to know if there is solution for this issue. Or is there a python script to extract report of selected elements on integration points.

Abaqus version is 6.7-6.

Sent via Micromax

Re: Python to extract stresses at integration point of selected elements in Abaqus

Abaqus Users mailing list
Hello Manoj,

 You can try the Abaqus2Matlab application with which you can extract a variety of results from an odb file. Go to www.abaqus2matlab.com http://www.abaqus2matlab.com and download the 2nd version of the app. How large is your model? This application is capable of postprocessing relatively large odb files, and it can create Python scripts configured according to your needs for postprocessing any odb file.

 I hope it will help you in your research.

 Best,
George Papazafeiropoulos
Captain, Infrastructure Engineer, Hellenic Air Force
Civil Engineer, M.Sc., Ph.D. candidate, NTUA
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Python to extract stresses at integration point of selected elements in Abaqus

Thank you for the reply.
I appreciate it.
My fe model size is around 2.5 million nodes.

I will check the link provide by you. Will get back to you in case I have any questions.

Ciao!!