Quantcast

Purchasing Abaqus Research Edition

Muhammad Zain-ul-abdein
Dear Group Fellows,

I am trying to purchase Abaqus (research edition) for my institute and for this
I need a quotation from Abaqus supplier. I have already tried a couple of times
sending an email to the supplier through simulia.com, but did not get any
response even after two weeks time.

Could anyone tell me how to get the price quotation of Abaqus (Research Edition)
from the supplier? Also can anyone tell me the approximate price of the Abaqus
product + license? Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards.

Dr. M. Zain-ul-abdein
GIK Institute of Engineering Science and Technology
Topi, Pakistan.

Re: Purchasing Abaqus Research Edition

Sandip Pardeshi
Hi,
Try connecting with your local simulia sales office. The details are
available on website.
The Academic edition license is free i believe, whereas original
license copy will cost approx. 10Lacs rs.

Thanks,
Sandip

On 2/19/11, Muhammad Zain-ul-abdein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Group Fellows,
>
> I am trying to purchase Abaqus (research edition) for my institute and for
> this
> I need a quotation from Abaqus supplier. I have already tried a couple of
> times
> sending an email to the supplier through simulia.com, but did not get any
> response even after two weeks time.
>

> Could anyone tell me how to get the price quotation of Abaqus (Research
> Edition)
> from the supplier? Also can anyone tell me the approximate price of the
> Abaqus
> product + license? Any other suggestions are also welcome.
>
> Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> Dr. M. Zain-ul-abdein
> GIK Institute of Engineering Science and Technology
> Topi, Pakistan.

RE: Purchasing Abaqus Research Edition

sridharan.venkataramanan
Dear Sir,

The Chennai, India office handles your territory
(http://www.simulia.com/locations/location_directory.html)

I know this team very well and they respond very well for all queries.
Please try to reach them over phone and I am sure they will help you
with. There might be some delay due to checking the institute
registration details by them or their HQ.

On the price query - I don't think it is fair to discuss on a open forum
like this. You understand the amount of efforts researchers put to build
such codes. There is now way we can fix a price for such efforts. End of
the day the business/marketing team decides the price for each customer
based on several factors like volume, potential, industry/area of
research etc...So a commercial code answer is not fair to be discussed
here. It is un-ethical too as per the license agreement.

V.Sridharan

CAE Competency Head, EDS

Wipro Technologies

Re: Purchasing Abaqus Research Edition

Muhammad Zain-ul-abdein
Well thx Sandip and Sridharan for your prompt response and valuable guidance. Hope, I'll now be able to reach the respective supplier.

Regards.
Zain