Problem with modeling the contact bewteen the crack faces

Problem with modeling the contact bewteen the crack faces

w033hsa
Hello everyone,
I am trying to model the contact between crack faces. it is single edge crack located in plate under compression load. I have tried doing that using self-contact, surface to surface contact, general contact, using ABAQUS/STANDAD. However, all these options does not work with me an the problem is that the crack faces will interfere with each other. It looks like that the contact was not defined. In fact the distance between crack faces are very small, about 0.05 inch. it is possible that ABAQUS can't define those surfaces because of the small distances between them. I appreciate if anyone can give advice regarding this problem. Thank you in advance. I download some pictures to show the problem.

crack1.PNG (15K) Download Attachment
crack2.PNG (29K) Download Attachment
crack3.PNG (227K) Download Attachment
crack4.PNG (144K) Download Attachment