Pressure load

Ravindra Gowda
Hello,

If I want to apply a pressure load of 10N/m on 400x80mm surface which
method is very convenient (element size 4mm)?

By selecting a surface area or on the element set?

How the pressure load it will be distributing on element set of
element size having 4mm?

Best Regards,
Ravi

Re: Pressure load

Ranil Banneyake
I believe you are referring to CAE. It doesn't matter if you pick an area
or an element set in CAE as both does the same thing. If you pick an area
then Abaqus creates an internal element set and apply pressure as a
distributed load. I prefer using an element set that's already defined.

BTW tge units of pressure on an area is N/m2.

A distributed load will be converted to equivalent nodal loads by Abaqus.

- Ranil