Quantcast

Predict the damage point

RAJAN
Dear ABAQUS Users,

I've modelled a 3D building frame which consists steel beams, steel columns, joints and concrete slab. All damage models are defined via concrete damage plasticity model for concrete( with compressive damage & tensile damage parameters) and bilear stress-strain model for steel ( strain value at damage is given for damage for ductile material). While I check the output, plastic strain seems much more than the defined value for failure. Also maximum frame deformation much exceed ( e.g 300mm) the experimetal value ( e.g 70mm).

Please advise me what to define to terminate at 70mm deformation ?

Thank you,
Raj

Re: Predict the damage point

suren
try maxps damage and things in damage plasticity

--
*With Regards,*
*Surendran Murugesan,
Taramani,
Chennai-600113.*

Re: Predict the damage point

tariq-11
Have a look on the effect of viscosity parameter in the Concrete Damage Plasticity, because it affects the Viscoplastic regularization.
See 20.6.3 Concrete damaged plasticity in Abaqus Analysis User's Manual.
Good luck.
Tariq