Penetration of nodes with Self contact (explicit)

Penetration of nodes with Self contact (explicit)

sunish90
Hi All,

I am trying to do an sliding simulation of a block using an explicit step. I
am defining a surface to surface contact between a rigid surface (on which
the block slides) and the block surface and also a self contact for the
block surface. But the nodes of the block surface penetrates when they come
in self contact. I do define a hard contact in the surface property definition but
still the problem persists. Can you please help me regarding this.

Thank you

Re: Penetration of nodes with Self contact (explicit)

rpabloa
If you complete "Section Assignment Manager" correctly, maybe you need to check the Step module: you use "Static, general" ?