Orphan mesh

alireza_1992
Hello
Good time
Can I change the dimensions in Abaqus after importing the model (.inp file) ?

Because there is an orphan mesh. It cannot allow to edit dimensions ( length , width). After changing the dimensions I want to change the mesh and element type. Is this possible? If any one knows please help me.

How can i do orphan mesh feature in part in abaqus ?

please help me

good luck

Re: Orphan mesh

RyanEnos
You cant manipulate the geometry of an orphan mesh in abaqus/cae because it doesnt have any.
You can create geometry from the orphan mesh using the 3d mesh to geometry plugin 3d mesh to geometry plugin

3DMesh_to_Geometry_Plugin2016.zip
3DMesh_to_Geometry_Plugin613.zip
3DMesh_to_Geometry_Plugin614.zip
3DMesh_to_Geometry_Plugin612.zip
Readme.txt

http://media.3ds.com/support/simulia/public/download/product/extensions/stl_to_geo.wmv
http://media.3ds.com/support/simulia/public/download/product/extensions/odb_to_geo.wmv

if you just want to change the length or width of the whole thing, you can copy the node coordinates from the .inp to excel and multiply the columns of values by the factor you want to increase by

Re: Orphan mesh

alireza_1992
I need to change the dimensions as well as add a Part I
To do this they must change
I can copy the node coordinates from the .inp to excel and multiply the columns of values by the factor me want to increase by

Re: Orphan mesh

RyanEnos
Are you saying you need to scale the orphan mesh, then add a feature to it?