Non convergence in creep model when total time exceeds 1.0

Non convergence in creep model when total time exceeds 1.0

sanghita bhattacharya
Hi,

I have a creep subroutine such that decra=constant*von mises*LogTIME(2).
TIME(2) represents the total time . I have a visco step such that
*Step, name=STEP1, nlgeom=YES, inc=3000
*VISCO,stabilize=0.0002, allsdtol=0., continue=NO, CETOL=0.005
0.1,50,1E-8,0.1
The subroutine works fine, however the moment the time exceeds 1.0, the model starts non-converging and finally ends with non-convergence error.
I have even tried out on  a single element model, but it doesn't work either.
Any advice?

Thanks,
Sanghita

Re: Non convergence in creep model when total time exceeds 1.0

imad.barsoum
Hi Sanghita,

 I am facing a similar problem. Did you ever resolve your?

 Regards
 IB