MODELLING A K-JOINT WITH GAP

Abaqus Users mailing list
*Dear Friends*

*Can someone help me in the modelling technique of a K-Joint with gap. The
braces intersect with the chord at an angle of 90 degree. Its my project
work and I need your assistance please.*

*Many thanks.*

Re: MODELLING A K-JOINT WITH GAP

Abaqus Users mailing list
Hi!
Your information is too short. Can you please provide all the necessary

information?

Best regards,
Thananjayan

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Kenneth Hans [hidden email]
[Abaqus] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *Dear Friends*
>
> *Can someone help me in the modelling technique of a K-Joint with gap. The
> braces intersect with the chord at an angle of 90 degree. Its my project
> work and I need your assistance please.*
>
> *Many thanks.*

Re: MODELLING A K-JOINT WITH GAP

Abaqus Users mailing list
I have achieved the model but having issues with the mesh find below is the
question please.

I am modelling a 3D SOLID K-tubular joint with Abaqus inclined at an angle
30 degree. I created the part (Chord and Braces) separately and mesh them
separately. I created the Instances of the part(dependently)and used
Merge/Cut instance tool to connect the two braces to the chord. The problem
I have now is that the mesh externally(element to element) at the joint
intersection is connecting while the mesh internally(within the hollow
brace lying on the chord) is only about 2 elements on opposite side that is
connecting and it gives me irregular result. The meshing technique I used
was fully structured on both parts (chord and brace) and on the chord I
seeded the part while for the braces it was the edge of the cut region I
seeded by number according to the number of elements on the chord in which
the braces will be connected to. I will show diagrams and label them. I
need someone to help me on what to do its my Msc. project and am running
out of time please, have tried all I can and its not working. Many thanks

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Thananjayan Sivaprakasam