ABAQUS List Colleagues:
Zimmer, Inc., a manufacturer of orthopaedic surgical implants, is seeking a Research Engineer with a strong background in solid mechanics and FEA and (preferably) expertise in biomechanics or biomaterials. The position is located in our headquarters city of Warsaw, Indiana.
The proper method for submitting resumes is indicated below. Please do not respond directly to me.
Danny L. Levine, Ph.D., P.E.
Zimmer, Inc., Warsaw, Indiana
Albert Einstein said: "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
Zimmer, Inc. a global leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of orthopaedic devices currently has an immediate, full time opening for a Senior Research Engineer, Finite Element Analysis.
Principal Job Functions:
This engineer will specialize in the use of computer simulation tools, such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA), to solve challenging R&D problems. The individual assumes responsibility for all phases of an analysis project, from initial requestor contact to final report. This person reports to a Principal Engineer in the Structural Design and Analysis Group, but is expected to handle responsibilities with little or no supervision. Additional responsibilities include the following:
1. Work closely with requestors to develop an analysis protocol, and maintain close communication throughout the course of a project in order to adjust the project scope and objectives as required.
2. Perform all phases of product simulation, and summarize the process and results in a formal written report.
3. Act as internal consultant/teacher on product simulation related issues. Help to increase awareness and understanding of the capabilities and limitations of simulation tools.
4. Assist in the maintenance and upgrading or addition of computer hardware and simulation software.
5. Maintain communication with vendors, suppliers, test laboratory engineers, outside consultants and outside researchers on matters pertaining to job duties and other business related issues.
6. Monitor technical and medical literature for advances relative to job function.
7. Maintain a level of expertise consistent with current best practices through continuing education.
. Minimum qualifications include an M.S. degree in Engineering or Science from an accredited curriculum in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or related discipline. Knowledge of orthopaedic implants and orthopaedic biomechanics is preferred.
. Working knowledge of the principles of solid mechanics and the application of simulation techniques such as FEA to solid mechanics analysis is required. Knowledge of fatigue, fracture mechanics and material science (particularly mechanical behavior of engineering materials) are desirable.
. Candidate must possess problem-solving capabilities, to be able to perform failure analysis, develop testing methodologies, and execute materials characterization studies.
. Candidate must have superior communication, technical writing, and PC skills and be comfortable making technical presentations. Experience with FEA software packages ABAQUS (standard and explicit), ANSYS and PATRAN is preferred. General business software and experience with CAD software (e.g. Unigraphics) or other geometry manipulation software (e.g. MIMICS, Geomagic Studio) are desired.
. Knowledge of project management techniques (possibly including the use of project management software) is desirable.
. There will be a moderate amount of business travel requiring absences from home.
Zimmer, Inc offers competitive pay and benefit packages with rewarding and challenging work including the opportunity for growth. For more information on Zimmer, visit our website at www.zimmer.com.
Interested candidates should register on line at: www.careers.zimmer.com.
Zimmer, Inc. is an EOE M/F/D/V
Community email addresses:
Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: [hidden email]
List owner: [hidden email]
Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|