Is there anyone who knows more about user-defined average flux?

Is there anyone who knows more about user-defined average flux?

ale.o
Hi everyone, I'm trying to perform static analysis of one storey 3D Frame including non linear geometry effects. Rubber bearing isolators have been modeled at the base of each column. Column and beam are modeled by wire elements, whereas the base isolators are modeled by solid elements. In my case the default solution control parameters defined in Abaqus are not providing convergence. After it has been established that such problems are not due to modeling errors, I changed the "user-defined average flux" parameter (q=100) and everything works well. I know that general solution controls should be used with great care, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows more about it. Thank you very much Alessandra --