Inconsistent visualization in Frame selector and Animate-time history option in Abaqus Visualization module

Inconsistent visualization in Frame selector and Animate-time history option in Abaqus Visualization module

anuraj92
Dear Abaqus users,

 I am new user to Abaqus and I am simulating 2D four point bending model.

 Part module : Specimen part modeled as 2D planar deformable shell and loading along with fixed pins modeled using 2D planar discrete rigid wire. Symmetry approach is used here.

 Interaction module : Surface to surface contact between pins and specimen.

 When I am looking at the frame selector tool (visualization module) for the second load step, the both pins penetrates into the specimen and then it gradually moves upwards in the subsequent load steps.

 But by using Animate-time history option, there is no penetration showing in the animation for the whole time history. It animates well as expected from the simulation.

 I am not understanding what is wrong with the simulation or is it only with animation issues. I also run the simulation and checked the same in other PC's. Any useful comments are deeply appreciated.

 Thanks and regards,

Anuraj Ramesh

RE: Inconsistent visualization in Frame selector and Animate-time history option in Abaqus Visualization module

David Lindeman
Check to make sure the displacement scale is set equal to one (this is the default if you run and analysis with nlgeom on, which you should always use when running contact analyses).

Regards,

Dave Lindeman
Staff Scientist
Corporate Research Systems Laboratory
3M Center 235-3G-08
St. Paul, MN 55144
651-733-6383

[...]

3M Notice: This communication is from an [EXTERNAL] sender.
If this email looks suspicious, do NOT click or open any links or attachments in the email. To report a suspicious email, click on the Report Phish – Phish Alert icon in the Outlook ribbon or forward this email using the report email as spam link in the text below.

Click here<https://spam.mmm.com/pem/pages/digestProcess/digestProcess.jsf?content=aedaaa864ecbae94b6d936a0cc3a0a5d38ec4b08f3a64eb6b5d71f2db04b67aac6c4ff5fb22097b592aab29dac82584f30f60c161a797f8d8d8a621478a2f25250f75f3a4b570e12125b08ef0dd8e5d1dbc7a045714a146255659761471276b9c37b570f20a98a734732948327931bff93d08ba9b6d561fe7c0899c2b004e54a17d051a1b719785d> to report this email as spam