Importing SDV from one analysis to another

Importing SDV from one analysis to another

maheshyalagach
Hello,

 My fellow researchers,

I am performing a humidity simulation using a UMATHT subroutine using
thermal and moisture analogy. I am defining the overall concentration
change as an SDV. Now, I want to use this SDV in my mechanical step to
compute the total volumetric strains obtained from moisture uptake. Can
anyone help me out, how to can I import SDV from one simulation to another?

Thanks and regards,

Mahesh

Thanks and regards / MfG

Mahesh Veerappa Yalagach, MSc
Researcher
Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH
Simulation and Modeling
Waasenhammergasse 3
Leoben-8700, AT
Handy: 00436765637030
Email:[hidden email]

RE: Importing SDV from one analysis to another

David Lindeman
If the problem has no temperature-dependence (e.g., no thermal expansion), then you should be able to use a coupled temperature-displacement analysis to solve the problem.  You’d continue to use the analogous field solution to calculate the moisture distribution, then use the state variable within the UEXPAN subroutine to define the induced strains.

Regards,

Dave Lindeman
Staff Scientist
Corporate Research Systems Laboratory
3M Center 235-3G-08
St. Paul, MN 55144
651-733-6383

I am performing a humidity simulation using a UMATHT subroutine using thermal and moisture analogy. I am defining the overall concentration change as an SDV. Now, I want to use this SDV in my mechanical step to compute the total volumetric strains obtained from moisture uptake. Can anyone help me out, how to can I import SDV from one simulation to another?

Thanks and regards,

Mahesh

Thanks and regards / MfG

Mahesh Veerappa Yalagach, MSc
Researcher
Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH
Simulation and Modeling
Waasenhammergasse 3
Leoben-8700, AT
Handy: 00436765637030
Email:[hidden email]<mailto:Email%[hidden email]>

3M Notice: This communication is from an [EXTERNAL] sender.
If this email looks suspicious, do NOT click or open any links or attachments in the email. To report a suspicious email, click on the Report Phish – Phish Alert icon in the Outlook ribbon or forward this email using the report email as spam link in the text below.

Click here<https://spam.mmm.com/pem/pages/digestProcess/digestProcess.jsf?content=aedaaa864ecbae94993224b5880ed75ed6f2458652940306e4017c5dc2a70930c6c4ff5fb22097b592aab29dac82584f30f60c161a797f8d8d8a621478a2f25250f75f3a4b570e12125b08ef0dd8e5d1dbc7a045714a146255659761471276b9c37b570f20a98a734732948327931bff9384c931325a60dedcf6bd532647501c17d051a1b719785d> to report this email as spam