I am using UMATHT subroutine for modelling of diffusion in ABAQUS. How to calculate gradient ?

I am using UMATHT subroutine for modelling of diffusion in ABAQUS. How to calculate gradient ?

bbah123
Hello
i am using a UMATH subroutine together with USDFLD Subroutine. I get the
hydrostatic stresses from USDFLD and need to calculate the stress gradient.
Does anybody know how to calculate the B-Matrix in a UMAT or UMATH
subroutine or how to calculate the stress gradient ?

Best regards

Sent from: http://abaqus-users.1086179.n5.nabble.com/

Re: I am using UMATHT subroutine for modelling of diffusion in ABAQUS. How to calculate gradient ?

Mukesh Kumar-2
Use python script to call the Gradient matrix.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 12:52 PM bbah123 [hidden email]
[Abaqus] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
> i am using a UMATH subroutine together with USDFLD Subroutine. I get the
> hydrostatic stresses from USDFLD and need to calculate the stress gradient.
> Does anybody know how to calculate the B-Matrix in a UMAT or UMATH
> subroutine or how to calculate the stress gradient ?
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Sent from: http://abaqus-users.1086179.n5.nabble.com/

Re: I am using UMATHT subroutine for modelling of diffusion in ABAQUS. How to calculate gradient ?

bbah123
How does that work within python ? I have in a UMATH or UMAT Subroutine only
the coordinates of the current integration point.

--
Sent from: http://abaqus-users.1086179.n5.nabble.com/