Quantcast

How to solve a quasi-static problem in a fast way with Abaqus implicit when your strain rate should be too small like a creep?

How to solve a quasi-static problem in a fast way with Abaqus implicit when your strain rate should be too small like a creep?

ehsan120
I need to use user materials (UMAT) for modeling a microstructure evolution of nitinol in which we have a softening constitutive law. To this end, we need to solve our problem with a prescribed small strain rate like the one in the experimental reports to make it quasi-static. The sample is a simple long strip. left side is clamped and the right side is movable with a small strain rate. Therefore, we need to increase the time period inside the Abaqus step. Please note that we cannot decrease our total strain which is around 7% so the only way is to increase the time period, to the best of my knowledge. Now with all these in mind, how can we solve this problem in a fast way because solving an unstable problem with a static/general step and with a time period around 1E3 seems somehow impossible to achieve with a static/general procedure.