Quantcast

How to embed reinforcing bars in a concrete structure?

How to embed reinforcing bars in a concrete structure?

kiranta1987
hi all,
        My name is kiran. Im a M.tech student from india. Im presently working with a scale down modeling of a nuclear containment building made up of prestressed concrete with rebars and tendons.I have modelled a 3D and Axisymmetric concrete models, but not able to include reinforcing into it. The rebar option seems to be not working. Someone pls help me how to use embeedded element option in abaqus. i will be grateful to u if someone can send me some files on reinforcing of concrete structures. i hav attatched my model files herewith. Waiting for a reply............Kiran

sme

Re: How to embed reinforcing bars in a concrete structure?

sme
hi
you must use embedded region in interaction module
it is very easy to use
i hope it is helpful for you
Mohamad

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:34 PM, kiran T A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi all,
>         My name is kiran. Im a M.tech student from india. Im presently
> working with a scale down modeling of a nuclear containment building made up
> of prestressed concrete with rebars and tendons.I have modelled a 3D and
> Axisymmetric concrete models, but not able to include reinforcing into it.
> The rebar option seems to be not working. Someone pls help me how to use
> embeedded element option in abaqus. i will be grateful to u if someone can
> send me some files on reinforcing of concrete structures. i hav attatched my
> model files herewith. Waiting for a reply............Kiran

Re: How to embed reinforcing bars in a concrete structure?

astsiar
hello
I have similar problems trying to model rc column wrapped with frp sheets. I want to use failure criteria and can't be sure what values to use in the drucker prager model or the damaged plasticity.
I did however use embeded elements for my rc . You need to create a new constraint (model tree:constraints) then you select the reinforcement and the host element (concrete) using embedding option.
that's it
(perhaps we can exchange files?)COLUMN1.cae
Asterios

kiran T A wrote