How can I know the total number of elements

How can I know the total number of elements

khamis Aly
Dear all,

I'm working on modeling of conventional spinning processes, my workpiece is a circular sheet. I already finished the meshing of the sheet using Tet element type and now, I would like to know the total number of these elements. Could any one helps me to do so.

Thanks so much for every one.

Best Regards.......
 Khamis Essa
PhD Research Engineer
School of Mechanical Engineering
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
Mobile: +44 (0) 7895473559

Re: How can I know the total number of elements

Le Van Sy
Hi all,

You should use Tools menu, Query ---Element . This is performed on Mesh Module. The result will be display as
Part: Sheet
   Number of nodes: 2312
   Number of elements: 1089
      1089 hexahedral elements
Regards

I'm working on modeling of conventional spinning processes, my workpiece is a circular sheet. I already finished the meshing of the sheet using Tet element type and now, I would like to know the total number of these elements. Could any one helps me to do so.

Thanks so much for every one.

Best Regards..... ..
 Khamis Essa
PhD Research Engineer
School of Mechanical Engineering
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
Mobile: +44 (0) 7895473559

Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail. yahoo.com

Re: How can I know the total number of elements

Jason Zhu
There is a easy way here. In Mesh module,click "Verify Mesh", and Check the elememt of the part(or instance),choose "Analysis" . Here, you can check the quality and it also show you how much elememts in the part(or the instance).
Best regards,
Jason

Re: How can I know the total number of elements

Ibekwe Achinike
The ratio of global seed to edge dimension gives the number of element for that edge. For instance, a 0.05 global seed will give 100elements for a 0.5m square plate. You can thus predetermine the number of elements for a particular type of geometry. Though more straight foward for plate structures, this is what I do when I intend to vary meshes for convergence studies.

Le Van's suggestion below will however surfice for your query.

Rgds,
Achinike

________________________________

Re: How can I know the total number of elements

isaacteoh
hilo everyone,
do anyone of u knw how to change the node number in abaqu?? for example, i will get my node number after i mesh a model, lets say 1001, and i would like to change it to other number in order to made the life easy when the time i do the programing...

Re: How can I know the total number of elements

EMAD

Follow the steps bellow to find total number of elements for a model in Abaqus;

Job manager, Monitor, Data file, scroll down to the end.

                                                  P R O B L E M   S I Z E

          NUMBER OF ELEMENTS IS                                                         35480
          NUMBER OF ELEMENTS DEFINED BY THE USER AND *TIE            22880
          NUMBER OF INTERNAL ELEMENTS GENERATED FOR CONTACT     12600
          NUMBER OF NODES IS                                                             56156
          NUMBER OF NODES DEFINED BY THE USER                               30956
          NUMBER OF INTERNAL NODES GENERATED BY THE PROGRAM     25200
          TOTAL NUMBER OF VARIABLES IN THE MODEL                           130668
          (DEGREES OF FREEDOM PLUS MAX NO. OF ANY LAGRANGE MULTIPLIER
           VARIABLES. INCLUDE *PRINT,SOLVE=YES TO GET THE ACTUAL NUMBER.)

                              END OF USER INPUT PROCESSING