How can I include the Residual stress in ABAQUS

How can I include the Residual stress in ABAQUS

Abaqus Users mailing list

Dear Friends,
I am using Abaqus CAE to model a I-Section steel Brige Girder. I want to include the residual stress (due to the welding between flange and web) into my model. I've got the distribution pattern of the residual stress and I know how much stress I should put into each element follow reference in attached file.
In order to add Residual stress in ABAQUS, before defining the load steps, I use the following keyword:*Initial conditions, type=stress<element set name>, residual Sxx value, residual Syy value
However, I had a problem with the result (see in attached file).Can anybody explain me why and give me some suggestions to solve this problemThank you so much