Fluid solid interaction

TBNR mido
Hello,
I want to simulate a moving  deformable sphere  into a tube filled with
water as suspended body. I already validated the solid model for the
sphere. So, now I want to simulate the sphere while moving into water. Is
this possible with ABAQUS explicit with CFD solver.

I found a video showing moving valve into a fluid channel, I think this one
could be helpful, but I can't find a tutorial for that, If you have any
tutorial related to this you can send me or tell me in a brief how can I
simulate my case explained above.

Re: Fluid solid interaction

Gajendra Pandey
You can try modeling the water by SPH or CEL techniques available in
Abaqus/Explicit. If the tube cross-section is circular then CEL ("14.1
Eulerian analysis" of "Abaqus Analysis User's Guide") should work fine. If
not, then try SPH with particle conversion at Time=0 ("Finite element
conversion to SPH particles," Section 15.2.2 of "Abaqus Analysis User's
Guide").

- Gajendra

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 6:50 AM TBNR mido [hidden email] [Abaqus] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to simulate a moving deformable sphere into a tube filled with
> water as suspended body. I already validated the solid model for the
> sphere. So, now I want to simulate the sphere while moving into water. Is
> this possible with ABAQUS explicit with CFD solver.
>
> I found a video showing moving valve into a fluid channel, I think this one
> could be helpful, but I can't find a tutorial for that, If you have any
> tutorial related to this you can send me or tell me in a brief how can I
> simulate my case explained above.

Re: Fluid solid interaction

Abhishek
I would suggest the following gradual modifications to your model.
1. Create a fluid flow model on cfd with sphere modeled as moving mesh at
the appropriate nodes. This requires no co simulation and helps validate
your cfd model.
2. Next make the sphere rigid and run co simulation.
3. Finally make  the sphere deformable.

Thanks
Abhishek Venketeswaran