Fiction Stir Welding

mehranghasempour68
Dear Friends,
 hope you are well.
  I am trying to model FSW  via ABAQUS and  I need the material property( AL and CU) for this process.
 Can anybody provide me with these mechanical properties?
 Note: The grade and type of material are not important because I am trying to model the process and there is no experimental tests.

 Regards,
 Mehran

Re: Fiction Stir Welding

George Papazafeiropoulos
Dear Mehran,

 Please look at the following research article that I have published regarding the numerical modeling of the friction stir welding process. I hope that it will help you.

 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290053907_NUMERICAL_MODELING_OF_THE_FRICTION_STIR_WELDING_PROCESS https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290053907_NUMERICAL_MODELING_OF_THE_FRICTION_STIR_WELDING_PROCESS

 Best regards,

George Papazafeiropoulos
Captain, Infrastructure Engineer, Hellenic Ministry of National Defence
Civil Engineer, M.Sc., Ph.D. candidate, NTUA
Email: [hidden email]