FW: VUMAT for Fabric Reinforced Composites

FW: VUMAT for Fabric Reinforced Composites

user12
Hi,

I want to know how can I model a composite WEAVE in abaqus/standard. I tried the below way, can someone comment if it’s the right way to model composite weave?

I want to model weave which has fiber in 0 and 90 direction and the layup to model is 0/90/45/-45.
I know the material properties of the 0/90 weave i.e. E1= 29e3, E2= 29e3, G12=4e3, nu=0.2. E1 and E2 are same
I use these properties and insert them as lamina properties in Abaqus material definition as shown below.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D53BC4.DA8B2AC0]

Then under the composite layup manager I created two plies instead of 4. Each ply now represent one 0/90 weave since the E1 and E2 are same and represent the stiffness in both directions. In the second ply I change the orientation from 0 to 45 such that 0/90 weave is now oriented in 45 direction as shown below. So the first ply represent 0/90 weave and the second ply represent 45/-45 weave and the complete layup will be 0/90/45/-45.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D53BC4.DA8B2AC0]

After that I used Max stress criterion to evaluate the failure index in each ply (0/90 weave). The Fail stress limits I used in the material definition are as follows (in MPa):
Ft1
Fc1
Ft2
Fc2
F12
408
388
408
388
40

Is this a correct way to define the composite weave and to check the failure index ? Kindly give me a feedback on this.

Thanks
Regards
Moeen