Exporting results from sphere surface

Leticia Campello
Hi, I'm a bit new to Abaqus and I'm currently working on a project that consists of a sphere in the center of a cube. I have managed to create a surface from the sphere and in the results I'm able to isolate the surface and visualize the stress/strain contour plot, however I'm struggling when trying to export the results from this surface. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I tried to plot graphs using all the nodes and export to excel but there are so many nodes and excel seems to have a limited number of columns.

Re: Exporting results from sphere surface

Abaqus Users mailing list
Leticia Campello wrote:
> I have managed to create a surface from the sphere and in the results I'm
> able to isolate the surface and visualize the stress/strain contour plot,
> however I'm struggling when trying to export the results from this surface.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> I tried to plot graphs using all the nodes and export to excel but there
> are so many nodes and excel seems to have a limited number of columns.

So you already have special access to the results of interest in Abaqus/CAE—
that’s good. You may want to export them to a text file. Then you’re free in
choosing means of further processing.

Hannes

Re: Exporting results from sphere surface

Leticia Campello
Yes, I have access but the problem is that I don't seem to be able to export the results from this surface. I wanted to plot graphs of stress and strain.
I've created paths but it does not work.