Quantcast

Excessive Distortion in element

maajidchishti
Dear group

I modeled a filled hole composite plate loaded in tension. I have used in-bulit hashin failure criteria. The maximum force is ok, the strain gauge measurements are fine. however, I get excessive distortion in the elements close to the hole. I am not sure what is causing the excessive distortion. The elements I have used is Continuum shell elements with reduced integration formulation.
Please see the file titled "ExcessiveDistortion.bmp" in the file section of the group.

Please advice on what can cause such distortion. Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Maajid

Re: Excessive Distortion in element

arun sunny-2
Have you incorporated Imperfections?.

sunny

Re: Excessive Distortion in element

maajidchishti
I do have no linear geometry activated if that is what you mean by imperfections!!!

maajid

--- In [hidden email], arun sunny <svg1924@...> wrote:

> Have you incorporated Imperfections?.
>

> sunny

nersu
hi check with hourglass and adaptive meshing
maajidchishti wrote