Error in my model

gayatrithakre11
Hello community,

I am working on my model including steel reinforcement.
Right now I am facing the error of:
“Elements have missing property definitions”
I have tried :
1. Defining the prop definition again.
2. Making the instances dependent. But then it unmeshes the entire thing,
and doesn’t let me mesh since it’s a dependent instance.
 Nothing is working out.

Can anybody give me some lead
--
Thanks and Gig'em!

Gayatri Thakre |
Graduate student | Master in Structural engineering | Texas A and M
university.
979.739.7402 | [hidden email]

Re: Error in my model

deepakpawar
Hi

Just go through this through link carefully

https://www.sharcnet.ca/Software/Abaqus610/Documentation/docs/v6.10/books/usi/default.htm?startat=pt03ch13s03s01.html
It's about whole dependent and independent instances concepts.

Anyway, what kind of material model you are using in your simulation?

--
*Regards*

Deepak K Pawar
Research Scholer
ME16D034
Machine Design Section
Department of Mechanical Engineering
IIT Madras, Chennai, India
Email: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>m
           [hidden email]
Mob No: +91-7208385265

Re: Error in my model

phil
Hi In Abaqus/CAE you need to define the material, create a section and assign it to the geometry. This error message implies that part of your model is missing a section assignment.
 If you're using skins or stringers to define the reinforcement, you may need to select these separately by choosing Skin/Stringer from the Selection toolbar.

 Kind regards
 Phil Williams
 Simutech.com.tw

Re: Error in my model

gayatrithakre11
Hey deepak ,
Thanks for your reply.
I have gone through the link and trying to use it in my simulation. I am
using the truss elements.
Do you going through my model once.

Thank you
*Gayatri Thakre*

Graduate Research Assistant | Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
Civil Department Delegate | Graduate and Professional Students Council
Texas A&M University

Mob: 979.739.7402 <%28979%29%20739-7402>

Email :[hidden email]

               :gayatrithakre11@ <[hidden email]>gmail.com

*TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY* | FEARLESS on Every Front.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 9:12 AM Deepak Pawar [hidden email]
[Abaqus] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just go through this through link carefully
>

> https://www.sharcnet.ca/Software/Abaqus610/Documentation/docs/v6.10/books/usi/default.htm?startat=pt03ch13s03s01.html
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.sharcnet.ca_Software_Abaqus610_Documentation_docs_v6.10_books_usi_default.htm-3Fstartat-3Dpt03ch13s03s01.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=ODFT-G5SujMiGrKuoJJjVg&r=ca0wpQGFYyyE08oWHMKymkPsrlfiEOEClorDv_nQ7qw&m=WeFvswG4DwRnElpwK9083PxAmu9ukSbYiQIlAxgqHvI&s=SYuBQR2okRv3FJ7DiQe4I7AN4oSCW_o1evzkLQWFk5o&e=>
> It's about whole dependent and independent instances concepts.
>

> Anyway, what kind of material model you are using in your simulation?
>

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 12:28 AM Gayatri Thakre [hidden email]
> [Abaqus] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hello community,
>>
>> I am working on my model including steel reinforcement.
>> Right now I am facing the error of:
>> “Elements have missing property definitions”
>> I have tried :
>> 1. Defining the prop definition again.
>> 2. Making the instances dependent. But then it unmeshes the entire thing,
>> and doesn’t let me mesh since it’s a dependent instance.
>>  Nothing is working out.
>>
>> Can anybody give me some lead
>> --
>> Thanks and Gig'em!
>>
>> Gayatri Thakre |
>> Graduate student | Master in Structural engineering | Texas A and M
>> university.
>> 979.739.7402 | [hidden email]
>>

> --
> *Regards*
>
> Deepak K Pawar
> Research Scholer
> ME16D034
> Machine Design Section
> Department of Mechanical Engineering
> IIT Madras, Chennai, India
> Email: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>m
>            [hidden email]
> Mob No: +91-7208385265

Re: Error in my model

gayatrithakre11
I have assigned it to the geometry a lot of times, but still its
not working. The reinforcement doesn't takes the assigned section it seems.
When I try to make them dependent then the mesh goes away.